Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best Friends



For a long time, Emily has been my BFF. She has a little girl, Becca, whom I have known since she was in the womb (she was born in 2000.) It just so turned out that a year after Jackson was born, Emily had a little girl, Gweni. A few years later, Parker was born, then Emily had Charlotte (Charley). Jackson and Gweni have said for years they were getting married... wouldn't it be cute if they really did? Well, now Parker says he's marrying Charley. (Ben says that's too Kentucky, and I am from Kentucky. I do know people who have done this - they have kids which are called double first cousins.)



Emily and I hang out with the kids a lot - the most recent was a trip to Ft. Ancient. Charley's dad is working on his thesis to be an archaeologist and they're digging at Ft. Ancient. He invited us to come have lunch and check out the dig site... It was so cool! (Although the boys were disappointed there were no dinosaurs there.)


No comments: