Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's Been Arts and Crafts Time

... For Momma!!! Over the past few days, I've been overly crafty. For months, maybe even years, I have wanted vinyl wall words (search for them at www.etsy.com - there are tons, which is why I never ordered any!) I couldn't make up my mind, couldn't find the perfect one, so I decided to whip out my paint and do it myself.



Not too bad, huh?

The next thing I tried my hand at was wooden letters spelling the boys names. Again, something I've wanted for years, but could not convince myself to spend over $100 spelling two names. No thanks.

I went to Michael's and bought all the letters I would need.



Then, I ordered scrapbook paper in themes to match their rooms. (Jackson's is StarWars and Parker has SpongeBob... and yes, they share a room.)



Then, I traced the wooden letters onto the paper and cut them out.



Next, I used Mod Podge and a paintbrush to cover the wooden letters and then put the paper over the wood. I then brished another layer of Mod Podge over the paper to seal it off.



When I was done...






Not too shabby, huh?

No comments: